The Importance of Dental Cleanings
Have you always dreamed of a perfect smile? Do you want to maintain a healthy mouth? Do you want to live a long and healthy life? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you will want to see your nearest Fairview dentist for regular hygiene and check-up appointments. Many people run, hit the gym, do yoga, eat and drink the right things, live an active lifestyle all in the hopes of looking their best and being as healthy as possible. However, one aspect of healthy living is often overlooked: oral hygiene. Our mouths play a huge roll in our everyday life. We use our mouth to eat, drink, speak, smile, and much more. For some reason though, our mouths are often not given the same attention as our heart or lungs. Now more than ever, in an age dominated by a society obsessing over how we look, it’s important to not only feel good, but look good too. In fact, our smile plays a huge roll in how people perceive us. Good teeth and a radiant smile are associated with perceptions of success, trustworthiness, and attractiveness. So why not make your smile as good as it can be?
Unfortunately, not all of us were born with perfect teeth and correcting imperfections through cosmetic dentistry can be a huge boost in confidence and might even change your life. However, those of us who are born with flawless teeth, or those who end up with flawless teeth eventually, need to keep them perfect. And what’s the secret to doing that?
Regular dental visits for cleanings and check-ups can drastically improve your chances of keeping your mouthy healthy and disease free. Your experienced dentist in False Creek is your greatest ally when facing the bacteria that calls your mouth home.
Here are the top 6 reasons to get regular dental cleanings:
- Prevent cavities: Plaque (the whitish film that builds up on the surfaces of your teeth) is the leading cause of tooth decay. The acidic substance erodes the tooth enamel and if left unattended, can lead to cavities. Plaque can be removed through brushing, flossing and dental cleanings. Contrarily, tartar (a mineral buildup) cannot be removed at home by brushing and flossing, and needs to be removed at the dentist’s office.
- Stop tooth loss: Prevent tooth loss before it happens! Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss in adults and is the result of built-up plaque. As gum disease moves further down the tooth, it can atrophy the supporting bone in your jaw, causing teeth to loosen and eventually fall out. The good news is, seeing your dentist regularly can greatly reduce your chances of developing gum disease.
- Brighten that smile: Whiter teeth can go a long way. Even with slight smile imperfections, bright and shiny teeth can make any smile look better. If you don’t want to spend the money to get them professionally whitened, why not at least have them professionally cleaned? Professional dental cleaning leads to whiter teeth and better smiles!
- Freshen up your breath: No one likes bad breath. Freshen up your breath a bit with consistent cleanings. Your mouth will be bacteria free and therefore odor free!
- Get healthier: Your mouth plays a big roll in keeping the rest of your body healthy. Regular dental cleaning may help lower your risk for diseases such as heart disease and stroke. Some medical conditions may even be detected by doing a simple oral exam.
- Save money: By keeping your mouth healthy and not allowing any oral problems to get out of hand, you’re going to be saving money in the long run. Restoration dentistry can get expensive. Protect your wallet by protecting your mouth!