Dr. Jain performs frenectomies with the utmost of care and concern for your baby.
Dr. Jain is one of very few dentists who treat infant anterior and posterior tongue ties and lip ties. She has honed her own posterior tongue tie release technique which is safe, efficient and effective. She is well-versed and trained in these procedures due to many years of exposure and tutelage from her mother, Dr. Evelyn Jain, a family doctor and pioneer in the field of breastfeeding medicine and tongue tie, and an internationally renowned speaker on the subject.
Dr. Jain performs frenectomies with the utmost of care and concern for your baby and takes the time to explain all of the details of the procedure and follow-up at the consultation visit. She can generally perform the necessary procedures at the first visit if that is your preference.
What to expect at your appointment:
- Dr. Jain’s dental assistant will take a history on any concerns that you may have.
- Dr. Jain will then do a detailed examination of your baby. She will show you what she sees and discuss possible short- and long-term ramifications if a tongue tie and/or lip tie is present. She will explain any necessary procedures in detail and advise you of what to expect during and after the procedure. She is happy to answer your questions.
- For the procedure Baby will be swaddled and well secured to a cushion. Dr. Jain’s assistant will stabilize Baby’s head. The procedure only takes a few minutes.
- Dr. Jain will then hand Baby back for you to immediately breast or bottle feed. Baby generally settles very quickly after the procedure.
- Dr. Jain will leave you alone to comfort Baby and return to review the written post-op exercises in more detail.
- We will see Baby again at 1 week and 3 weeks post-op to monitor healing and breastfeeding improvements.